Sorry for the earlier miss-post! I canceled the scheduling but WordPress decided to ignore that and went ahead and posted it (while I was still working on it!) So this is the updated and complete version, not the half-finished one that was up a little while ago.
June is at an end, and the year is now over half way through. I’ve mentioned it a few times by now, but today is going to be my final day at a very stressful and frustrating job, followed by a week off, before I start at my local indie bookstore! I’ve wanted to work there for years, so this is sort of a dream come true…
In other news, I’m about halfway through with the first round of edits on my novel, and I hope to start querying agents by the end of the year. It’s been almost a year since I started work on this draft (I say draft but I mean I completely rewrote my novel from the ground up), and it’s been really gratifying seeing how much I’ve accomplished in spite of the hurtles life and my mental health have thrown in my path.
A big part of the last month has also been BTS, which might get some of you rolling your eyes, but I truly hope not! I’ve loved Jpop for over twenty years, settling into Kpop felt as easy and natural as switching from one radio station you love to another (I’m probably dating myself with these analogies, and admitting to listening to something for two decades). But in all honesty, BTS is medicine for the soul, once you get passed their radio singles you’ll find multitudes contained with their music and personalities, and it’s been really fun listening to their discography and watching their MVs. It’s been a good way to get motivated at the start of my day, and unwind at the end, and I’m looking forward to seeing their careers continue.
What I Read…
Reading took a bit of a back seat this month, with my focus turned more towards writing and taking care of my physical health. It didn’t help that none of the books I have on hand are actively grabbing my attention. July might not be much better, but I’m way ahead of my reading goals, so it’s OK if I only finish a handful or so a month.
What I Read this Month in Articles…
- Remembering ‘The Very Hungry Caterpillar’ author Eric Carle
- Every Regional Barbecue Style, Explained
- The Science of Sourdough Starters
- BTS’s Favorite Florist Isaac Talks about Meeting the Group, TikTok, and why he Loves Flowers
Favorite Posts from Chasing the Four Winds…
- Book Review: One Last Stop, by Casey McQuiston
- Five Photo Friday: I Couldn’t Hide from the Thunder in a Sky Full of Song
- Top Ten Tuesday: Books on my Summer 2021 TBR
- Book Review: The Forever Sea, by Joshua Philip Pullman
Blog Posts I Enjoyed…
- The Risk of Parody from I Drink and Watch Anime
- The Golden Age of Sandwiches from Restauranting Through History
- Prometheus from Tabula Candida
- Yearning Like Honey, Desire Like Blood: Summer Sons, by Lee Mendelo from Every Book a Doorway
What I Listened To…
Spoilers: It’s BTS.
What I Watched…
Spoilers: It’s BTS
And there it is! July looks to be a month of transition and hard work, but I’m really excited for it and this whole next stage of my life. I hope June has treated you well, feel free to link up to any of your own monthly wrap ups in the comments, and I’ll see you in the next post! ❤