Today I am incredibly flattered and excited because I was nominated by Megan at A Geeky Gal for the Real Neat Blog Award, which makes me feel pretty shiny for obvious reasons and not because I went to the gym first thing this morning (and seriously, who turned the heat on while I was there? If you’re cold at the gym you aren’t doing it right). Thanks, Megan!
- Display the Award Logo.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog.
- Answer the questions of the one who nominated you.
- Nominate 7-10 bloggers.
- Ask them seven questions.
- What is the best advice someone has ever given you? “When you see a problem, fix it, don’t wait for someone else to.” Upset by the litter on your street? Pick it up. No one helping the elderly lady unload her groceries? Offer assistance. The bathroom sink a mess at your favorite restaurant? Wipe it down. Of course it’s not my job, but that sure is an entitled way of looking at things. It’s saved me a lot of frustration with the world, because instead of focusing on someone else and their lack of work ethic/motivation/good will I know I can affect things in a positive manner. I don’t point fingers, I don’t complain, I just fix it and move on with my day, knowing I made things a little nicer for those around me.
- Which fantasy world would you like to visit the most? Oh, this is a super hard one- there’s so many great places to choose from! And let me tell you, my imagination is not content with just “visiting” these worlds. I want to be a part of them, with magic powers of my own, and in a budding romance with one of my many literary crushes. But if we’re sticking to “just visiting” then my vote has got to be Redwall, with a feast in the making, because if you’ve ever read a description of one, you’ll know there’s a reason Redwall cooking is Legendary with a capitol “L”.
- What is the best thing that the internet has ever created? There are so many things, and my opinion on this changes constantly, so here’s a list of of 3 of my favorites:
Potter Puppet Pals: Charmingly simple hand puppets have charmingly simple adventures set in the Harry Potter universe. If you don’t want to watch all of them, may I suggest The Mysterious Ticking Noise as their best and brightest work.
Band Camp: I was around eleven years ago when Bandcamp was born and I’ve loved it ever since. Artists and indie labels upload their own music, set the price, and sell merch without the control and contracts major distributors expect. This is my go-to site for finding new music of every genre imaginable. Not only are you supporting independent artists, but Bandcamp does wonderful charity drives for organizations like the ACLU.
Vaporwave Aesthetic: Look, I’m not saying it’s the best, but it is and you’re wrong if you don’t agree.
- What lessons have you learned from video games? MY FRIENDS ARE MY POWER!!! *has way too many emotions for Kingdom Hearts*
- What book/movie/video game character do you secretly admire? Secretly? How about openly hero worship? Sora and Commander Shepard as played by me. Scions of justice and good will, except I totally punched that reporter in the face in Mass Effect 2 #noregrets
- What is your actual superpower? Being kind and patient while also being very angry and on edge.
- What weapon would you carry during the Zombie Apocalypse? That’s easy! It’s a weapon I already have- my naginata! I bought her years ago and the second she was in my hands I felt a connection. No joke, it was like that moment in a fantasy novel when the hero finds the one sword they were destined to use. Her name is Sakura and she has a twelve inch blade and a steel ball at her base and I am waiting for the moment I am allowed to fight someone with it.
Leelynn @ Sometimes Leelynn Reads
Rebecca @ What Rebecca’s Read
Tommy @ Tommye Turner Talks
Kitty Marie @ Kitty Marie Book Reviews
Jenn @ Jenniely
Irina @ I Drink and Watch Anime
Eline @ Aquapages
- Name and describe one food from a book/game/anime that you absolutely devour:
- If you could choose one story line to live yourself, what would it be? (Examples: The betrayed heir taking back their throne, the thief rising through the ranks to take over a city, the school kid who just wants to find love and fit it, etc).
- Where is your ideal place to read or watch your favorite show?
- What series (book or otherwise) left you bitterly disappointed?
- Dream Time: Your favorite book is being made into an incredibly faithful movie and you’ve been asked to cast the main characters. What book is it, what actors do you chose, and who are they playing?
- Tea? Coffee? Or “Just water for me, thanks.”?
- If you could own the wardrobe of any character, who would it be?